Lucchese Debuts Diva Line



Iconic Western boot maker Lucchese is catering to cowgirls this spring with a limited-edition collection under the Diva label.

While all the new boots are made in the U.S., each style will carry an Italian woman’s name, such as Agostina, for a 13-inch stonewashed boot; Marcella, for a 7-inch stonewashed style; and Siena, for a 7-inch boot with colorful embroidery. Lucchese plans to release 120 pairs per style, which will include hand-written signatures and numbers on the inside. Depending on consumer response to the boots, additional pairs could be made available.

According to Mario Vega, director of marketing for the El Paso, Texas-based company, the collection was launched to give women a chance to discover their inner diva. “There’s something for everyone,” he said. “They’re more cutting-edge and outside the true Western scope.”

To keep the collection fresh, new patterns will be added every three to four weeks, Vega said, noting that three new lasts were created for the program. All styles are built on a 3/4-welt construction and feature a toe box with a gentle spring. Upper designs include distressed vintage looks, colorful overlay and underlay work, and scrunch effects. Retail prices range from $300 to $500, with distribution through core Western stores, boutiques and resort shops. Product is available for at-once delivery.

Taking the concept one step further, the company introduced an online contest this month on Lucchese.com for consumers who want to put their own spin on a boot. The site has downloadable pattern templates for design submissions. Participants can also tell the story behind the design in an essay and then give the boot an Italian woman’s name. All entries must be postmarked no later than March 22. Winners will receive one pair of their own custom-made boots, and the essay and photo of the boot will be posted in the Lucchese newsletter, on the Website and on Facebook.

(WWD)

I love this boot, and must confess that I have always owned a pair of western boots.....it has nothing to do with the fact that I reside in Oklahoma, but that I've found them to be a great wardrobe addition and very comfortable. For me personally, I can't and don't wear the plain 'ole run of the mill boot.....just like everything else, they MUST some pizzazz!

I currently have a pair of tan, tooled leather boots which are accented with turquoise nuggets, set in silver. When I first set eyes on them, I knew I had to have them. For me, I don't want to look "cowgirl-ish," so I always pair them with skinny jeans, a cute top and jacket for a more "modern" look.

Every so often, we see them on the runways along with the closed-toe western look slide and then they disappear again to be revived at some later date. While I don't wear my often, I always have them at the ready when I want to change things up a bit.

Archives