Alicia Keys for Fabulous Magazine










Photography: Yu Tasi

FYI...

1 Alicia carries a pink toy rabbit on tour with her to remind her life's not that serious.

2 Alicia hates her calves, which she says are "huge" and stop her wearing knee-high boots.

3 She learnt to shoot a gun in the 2006 movie Smokin' Aces and is now a dab hand with a firearm.

4 Her worst habit is cracking her neck.

5 She's been good friends with R&B star Usher since the age of 14.

(newsoftheworld.co.uk/fabulous)


While Alicia is one of the most gorgeous of celebrities, I see so much more when I look at her face. She's somewhat of an "old soul," who is at once, highly intelligent and street savvy. Her music has that "smoky," bluesy, quality which belies her years.....it's almost as if she belongs to another era entirely. While I love all of her music, one particular song sticks in my mind...."You Don't Know My Name." I first heard the song during a trip to Houston. It was Saturday morning and my friend and I were out for a day of shopping. When it came on the car radio, I think I stopped talking mid-sentence....from that point on, I was hooked. For me, it's not even about the fact that she liked a particular guy or whatever, It's just beautiful music. What a talent!

Archives