Surprising Fab Finds

I'm aware that not a great number of people think of Kmart when shopping for coats or boots. With Target leading the way by carrying designer pieces, it's obvious that their competitors such as Wal-mart and Kmart must step up in order to remain competitive. I recently went into Wal-mart to check things out and I must say I wasn't impressed. There were a few pieces from Miley Cyrus & Max Azria's line that were o.k., but nothing earth shattering. What I was really looking for, was the line by Norma Kamali.......I went to all of the stores in my area and didn't see a single thing. There was a particular black puffer coat that I saw (and now don't remember where.....it had to be a magazine) and was in search of.

After that, I thought I would check out Kmart just to see if they had "upgraded" their items due to the increased competition.......let me tell you, I was really surprised by what I found. Featured are some of the great looking coats from their website. I actually ordered the coat in picture one and can't wait to get it to see if it looks as good as it does in the picture. Of all the coats that I have looked at this season (there have been many) I have not seen this particular style, unless it was possibly in a magazine or on netaporter.com. Best of all, I ordered it last Sunday which was the last day for the sale price of $49.99; it is now back to the original price of $99.99, which is also a steal........that has to be one of the sharpest coats that I've seen in quite some time.....I hope I won't be disappointed when it arrives. The red coat in the second picture and the black & red check coat in picture four are also favorites. I asked the customer service rep. that I spoke with why these items are not in stores (with the exception of Jaclyn smith) as all reflect "available for shipping only". She stated that these items may or may not be in stores, and in many cases not, due to the fact that they are shipped straight from the manufacturer.

The same applies to many of the boots found on their site. I'm sure many of you have seen the paisley boot featured.......I've seen it on a few websites, in Steinmart, Burlington Coat Factory and Dillards. I didn't look to see what sizes are left, but it is on the Kmart site for $19.99. I've also thrown in five items from sears that caught my eye. Sears now owns Kmart and each website features items carried by the other.















































All items are from Kmart, with the exception of the blue and black puffer coat, the beautiful purple boot (brand name:Matisse; retail $220) next to it, the red tassel boot (love, love love it!) & black suede peep toe bootie (both on sale for $79.99) and the open-sided bootie by Westies ($29.99); those are the Sears items. I'm both surprised and impressed!

Archives