Give 'Em The Boot!

"I can afford the luxury of not having to make inescapable choices, of not having to follow the rules, but rather of creating exceptions to them"














We naturally wonder whether shoes are in the DNA of Cinzia Araia, the daughter of a shoe producer in the Riviera del Brenta. At 20, after finishing her studies at the Shoe Design school she set up her first workshop and in 2010 launched her first eponymous line. Her personal taste is essential in her designs, so much so that her creations are the key to her personality, that breaks out to adjust, in an autonomous way and without conditioning, to a more global vision of the concept of fashion. “Vision-design” is the technical explanation with respect to the making of her creatures: “disassembling the structure and deconstructing the models with a craftsman’s attention, in total respect of the final use and foreseeing the production requirements.” Wedges, complex heels and deconstructed uppers are the pleasant features that make these shoes an example of perfect geometry. An absolute Made in Italy made smoother by leather so soft it becomes more beautiful with use. It seems unlikely, but being conceived for a modern woman on the move, perhaps traveling often, these shoes take up little space and it is also possible to throw them into your suitcase without caring too much because after landing they will look exactly the same. And being herself a woman with a modern way of thinking, Cinzia describes herself as follows: “My name is Cinzia Araia, like anybody else. I am aware that no identity could ever contain another or express it fully. My nature is unique and unrepeatable … Like that of anyone. I am plural, multifaceted. It’s not because I wish to astound or to behave meaninglessly against the rules, but I can afford the luxury of not having to make inescapable choices, of not having to follow the rules, but rather of creating exceptions to them. To me, freedom means being myself completely, a freedom that aims at the fullness and the richness of life. Like me, my creations live many different lives, in many worlds, an many styles”. It’s all in the genes!

(Vogue.it)

Archives