The Cape

Image: calvinklein.com

I recently saw this cape in a Calvin Klein ad, featured in current magazine issue (I have so many, that I don't remember which!), and thought, how sleek and classic! While I own a couple, this one caught my eye due to the fact that it has no collar(they can be so... annoying!), and that it's such a flattering length. I also love the ample arm slits, which provide a full range of movement.

I started shopping around for one locally, thinking that I might find something comparable, and if not, I'd track down the Calvin Klein. As I was making my usual "rounds" today, I happened into one of the Ross stores, and I couldn't believe my eyes....there was the Calvin Klein cape! I checked all the tags and the label just to make sure, and yes, it's the very same one!

I'm aware that stores such as Ross, T.J. Maxx & Marshalls, buy department store overstocks, but I had no idea that I would find something such as this after just seeing it in a magazine! That's certainly one of the reasons that I frequent those stores....I ALWAYS find such fabulous things, not to mention the prices!

Of course when I got back to my computer, I had to look it up online to see the actual retail price. Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and Macys all have it in camel and black for $159.50, while it's on sale for $94.99 on the Calvin Klein site. I paid $75.95 including tax.

It's very soft.... it has the feel of cashmere, is lightweight, but not flimsy. The fact that it's "simply chic" leads to endless styling possibilities, such as a colorful scarf, a turtleneck sweater, or a sparkly brooch for starters.  I look forward to giving it a "test run!"

Archives