The Fashion Stylings of Yang Du



























With her playful, ironic & cartoon oriented creations, we shouldn’t be surprised she has already conquered pop stars such as Marina (and the Diamonds), Paloma Faith and also Daisy Lowe.







Her name is Yang Du, and her Fall/Winter collection 2011 is called 3times Lucky.







Presented in London in the NEWGen section, the line is a celebration of elephants, pelicans, swans and pop-style huge eyes printed on mini-dresses and oversized T-shirts (rigorously in textured cashmere). Smiling faces, zebras, piggies, ‘animated’ scarves 
in 3D effect knitted wool are the distinctive features of Yang Du’s style.
Because fashion is also naïve playfulness, color mixing, pure and healthy amusement.







Name



Yang Du.





Hometown



Da Lian, China


.





Current city



London.





Education



BA Fashion Print, MA Fashion Womenswear at Central Saint Martins in London. She has worked for John Galliano, Vivienne
 Westwood and Giles Deacon, until the launch, in 2009, of her eponymous line


.





At the moment...



“I am taking care of the styling for the film “Open My Eye Close My Eyes...I See
You”, a cinematic project that independent production house Dancing Brave Pictures is currently shooting.”





What’s next?



“Taking part in the Beijing Design Week.”





The best thing that occurred in your professional activity



“Finding love and friendship.”





Personal style



“I don’t like color, my rule is never exaggerate with the chromatic mix 
(quite the opposite of what I do with my creations.)”





Favorite all-time designer



“Franco Moschino.”





Style icon



“Bjork, who is also the celebrity I would love to dress one day.”





Your greatest dream



“Traveling all over the world with my beloved sketchbook.”



(Vogue.it)



The oversized pieces are my favorites!

Archives