The Lace Skirt

This trend is actually growing on me. My initial reaction, after seeing them on the runways, was a bit lukewarm. You know we saw the skirts or dresses worn by Rihanna and other celebrities and it was not always a good look. My preference for wear would be much like picture two, or a tank and statement necklace for day or a night out.

One of the reasons that I'm really drawn to this look, is it's versatility. this skirt can be worn from spring to fall with the addition of a trench, leggings, boots, a denim or leather jacket, or throw on a plush sweater.

The one that has caught my eye is by Allen B. Schwartz, but is sold by J.C. Penney. It's absolutely amazing! I regret that it's not on their website at this point....only in stores, so no picture, but trust me when I tell you that it's worth taking a look at if you like this style of skirt. It's much like the one featured, but the lace is a little heavier, is more intricate and has such a "rich" look. As I remember, it's priced at either $54 or $58 with 30% off, so if you like the style, but don't want to invest a great deal of moola, check it out!


ABS Allen Schwartz, $136, zappos.com


Preen Line, $545, netaporter.com


Directions, $148, freepeople.com

Archives